How you make Caffè Americano:
It is said that the espresso was too strong for the American soldiers during the Second World War. So they started to add hot water to dilute the coffee and get the taste they are used to from back home.
We recommend the ORAIO RED Espresso blend as your coffee of choice.
- Make two portions (each portion about 50ml) of Espresso using 15 grams to 20 grams of coffee powder.
- Pour it into your favorite cup.
- Fill it up with hot or cold water.
- If you like add ice cubes, milk, or sugar. However, you like it.
- That is already it. Enjoy your Caffè Americano.
If you are unsure about the ratio of coffee to water, we recommend 1 part coffee to 4 parts of water. In case you really are unsure, serve the water extra so your guest can pour it to his or her liking.