How you make Turkish Coffee Mocha:
Turkish coffee mocha is prepared in an Ibrik and served in mocha cups. The Ibrik is a small metal pot with a long handle. The coffee is on the coffee grounds in the cup and has a foam crown.
You can also heat the coffee only once. However, only multiple heating brings the viscous consistency. We recommend the ORAIO RED Espresso blend for the Turkish coffee mocha.
- Use the mocha cup you will serve as a measuring cup to place the needed amount of water in a mocha pot, called ibrik, or saucepan. (We recommend 4 mocha cups of water)
- If you like add for each cup a tablespoon of sugar
- Bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Take Ibrik off the stove.
- Add one teaspoon of superfine powdered coffee per cup and spices like cardamom, cinnamon, or nutmeg to taste to the ibrik.
- Stirring to mix ingredients
- Place the ibrik on the stove and heat the coffee while gently stirring until it foams. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about one minute.
- Put the ibrik back on the stove and heat it up while gently stirring until the coffee foams. Do not let it boil. Repeat the process once again.
- Spread some of the foam on the cups and carefully pour in the coffee so that the foam is retained.
You can add more or skip the sugar and spices of course as you wish. Try to find the perfect recipe for your personal taste.
Before drinking Turkish coffee mocha, wait about two minutes until the coffee grounds have settled. Now you can drink carefully until you reach the grounds.